June 6, 2012

We'll Always Have Ahmedabad

I miss walking into your rooms for a midnight discussion over nothing. I miss lining up mp3s on the computer so that we would wake up to the 'right music'. I'll never forget Sundays with oiled hair and pizza and wasting away the day just because we could. I miss the impromptu dance parties in the hostel hallway and the all-night studio sessions fuelled by coffee and enthusiasm.  The beautiful, silent library where we looked out at lush green grass and blue sky as much as we looked into books. I remember the mess with its 'special dinners' and the basketball court with its endless options for conversation. I remember each heartache and each dizzying crush. Our passionate, ridiculous discussions over art and film. The countless auto rides all over the city. The hurried walks down the pigeon path to make it to class on time. Deep, nourishing, life-changing friendships. I always carry this light with me. 

The most beautiful discovery true friends make 
is that they can grow separately without growing apart.
 - Elisabeth Foley

7 comments:

  1. awww... this is awesome, Aesh... I feel privileged to be a part of your NID experience :) Shrinks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shrinkydoo. You guys made it awesome!

      Delete
  2. How did you learn to write so beautifully? :*
    G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you G. So happy you think so.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...